AquaSquirts is a unique, play-based water orientation program to develop swimming skills through themed lessons on basic water skills, awareness, and comfort in the water. This program is for both boys and girls as the lessons are created to promote aquatic literacy, more specifically skills like breath control, propulsion, and coordination.
While AquaSquirts is a fun introduction to synchro-related skills, it is not a swimming lesson and does not teach swimming strokes. Participants should take opportunities to improve their swimming skills up to Swim Level 3 or higher so that after a year or so in AquaSquirts, they can avoid repetition and progress to AquaSquirts Too, and the Aurora Synchro's Wildrose FUNdamentals or Wildrose programs.
AquaSquirts is a fun program for swimmers ages 6 to 8. Offered once a week for 45 minutes at Terwillegar pool on Thursdays from 6:15-7:00pm, it's ideal for children who excel in shallow water and want to go beyond swimming lessons. Register for AquaSquirts on the event date of September 25 on the Events tab.
Fall program starts September 25, 2014 - November 27, 2014
- Aquasquirts Too is an advanced deep water Aquasquirts program. Offered once a week for 45 minutes at Terwillegar pool on Wednesdays from 4:15-5:00pm, it's ideal for children who are comfortable in deep water and want to go beyond swimming lessons. Register for AquaSquirts on the event date of September 24 on the Events tab.
Fall Program starts September 24, 2014 - November 26, 2014
Winter: -- January to March (10 lessons for $75)
January 9 to March 13, 2014
Fee: $75 for 10 weeks
There is no registration fee for AquaSquirts.
To register, find the AquaSquirts session you want under the Events tab. Click the Register Online button.
Programs and fees are subject to change.
Programs are dependent on coach availability and registrations.
Why participate in the AquaSquirts Program?
1. Learn fundamental movement skills and fundamental sports skills = physical literacy
2. Physical literacy refers to competency in movement and sports skills
3. A program for boys and girls
4. AquaSquirts meets the aquatic literacy requirement of the Canadian Sport for life training model (Long-Term Athlete Development)
5. To have fun learning to move in the water in a play-based water-orientation program
Skills learned in themed lessons
Let’s Go Under Water
Let’s Go Upside down
Let’s move in the Water
Let’s Go to the Regatta
Let’s Visit the Sea Creatures
Let’s have Fun with Patterns
Let’s Go Team
Let’s Give a Show
General skills that will be learned
Travelling skills that will be learned
Balance movements that will be learned
Web page updated July 23, 2014